Winemakers in the Jerez region, in southwestern Spain, have a long relationship with the British Isles. Their wine flowed in rivers in Cork, Bristol, Leyte, and other ports of the British Isles, and empty barrels were snapped up by whisky makers. Nowadays sherry is bottled only in Spain, and sherry barrels are expensive. However, some distilleries believe that the influence of the cask is extremely important for the whisky and are investing a lot of money in making these casks consistently.
In this tasting, we will try to understand the importance of the influence of sherry casks on whisky and try sherry aged whiskies.
7 samples of whisky will be presented at the tasting by 30 ml (fl. oz):
1. Macallan 12 Years Old Sherry Oak, 40%
2. Hepburn’s Choice Craigellachie 13 Years Old 2001, 46%
3. Murray McDavid Glenallachie 10 Years Old – Benchmark, 50%
4. GlenDronach 15 Years Old Revival, 46%
5. UWCCC Secret Orkney 15 Years Old, 55,4%
6. Blair Athol 23 Years Old 1995 – The First Editions, 55,7%
7. Lagavulin 2005 – Distillers Edition, 43%
Host – Oleg Kozlovsky
Date: 21.01.21 (Thursday)
Cost – 1450 UAH/person.
For participation in the Online tasting, it is necessary to pay for the tasting set within the following terms:
until 18.01.21 (inclusive) – for the delivery of NovaPoshta in Ukraine;
until 19.01.21 (inclusive) – for the delivery of NovaPoshta in Kyiv;
or 21.01.21 (until 18:00) – upon pickup from the restaurant (16/16 Sofiivska St., Kyiv).
You can find out the booking details by phone:
+38 050 480 38 04
21, January 2021, Thursday
Photos from previous events